In this Aluminium Oxide crystals (Corundum) are used. They are inert, do not react with skin, hence used.
The Micro Dermabrader uses a controlled vacuum to move the sterile microcrystals to abrade the stratum corneum, which is the layer of dead cells on the skin. The microcrystals and abraded skin are then vacuumed away thus leaving behind a smooth & shiny glowing skin.
After multiple treatments, this skin renewal procedure can eliminate pigmented spots. It improves post trauma scars and burns scars, acne scars.
Microdermabrasion helps in removing dead and flaking skin cells to create an immediate improvement in your skin's appearance. This unique approach stimulates the production of fresh young skin cells and collagen. It is the ultimate advancement in non-surgical, non-invasive skin conditioning.
Microdermabrasion is a safe, non-surgical approach to skin care when used alone, or in combination with other treatments.
- Gives the skin an overall fresh, healthy-looking glow.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Non surgical, safe, effective "lunch hour" procedure.
- Effective on all skin colours and types.
- No anaesthetic required.
- Excellent for skin sensitive to chemical procedures.
- Normal activities can be resumed immediately.
Requires multiple sessions and maintenance treatments.
Patients with good skin tone will show best results.
In addition to the face, microdermabrasion can be successfully performed on the neck, chest, hands, back, elbows, feet - just about anywhere! It is also beneficial for patients with darker skin types.
- Acne Scars, Chicken pox scars.
- Uneven Skin Colour.
- Dull or Dry Patches.
- Clogged Pores .
- Open Pores.
- Fine Lines.
- Rough, Thick or Dry Skin.
- Sun Spots.
- Age Spots.
- Keloid Scars from burns post trauma and post Surgical.
- Herpes Simplex.
- Crystal Sensitivity.
- Patients taking Isotretinoin.
- Active Acne.
- Eczema and Seborrhoeic dermatitis.
Microdermabrasion is performed with a jet of fine crystals, which are propelled and then vacuumed across the skin's surface, removing the damaged cells to reveal fresh, invigorated skin.
The hand piece emits crystals onto the surface of the skin, resulting in a gentle abrasion or "polishing" process.
Each treatment takes from 30 minutes to an hour. Approximately 10-12 sessions are required once in every 15 days. Maintenance of results require periodic repeat treatments ( once a month) after the initial regimen is completed.
- Cleanse the face & DRY it completely
- Adjust the vacuum depending upon the indication
- Put cotton buds in the ears so that crystals do not enter in the ears.
- Remove lens if you are using one as crystals can abrade the lens.
- Crystal sensitivity test is done on the forearm
- Stretch the skin and quickly move the hand piece across the skin in horizontal & vertical strokes without unnecessary pressure
- After the procedure brush off the excess crystals from the face.
- Clean the face with a wet tissue to ensure that all the crystals are completely removed from the face.
- Then apply hydrating or cooling masks for 20mins
- Finally apply sunscreen.