This also works on same principle of exfoliation. But here instead of aluminium oxide crystals particles of diamond are used.
These particles are embedded on the tip of the wand like device.
Diamond particles used are finest (of 300microns). They are gentle as well abrasive.
The exfoliated cells of stratum corneum are collected on a cotton filter.
Benefits of Diamond skin polishing over Crystal
- Can be done on sensitive skin
- Can be performed on Asthmatic patients.
Microdermabrasion can also be combined with various other procedures to obtain maximum results.
- DSP with Ultrasonic &/or Galvanic using neutral products like Vit.C serums, Aloe vera gel, Natural lighteners containing Licorice, Vitamins, Niacinamide etc. Also called as Ultrasonic Diamond Microdermabrasion.
- DSP followed by Skin Rejuvenation treatment can be performed.
- Super Pulse facelift treatment followed by DSP
- Do not wash face with soap can clean with plain water. Soap to be used after 12hrs.
- As the crystals are sharp there is sensation of writhing on the face.
- Slight redness will be seen for 1-2 hours.
- There may be peeling of the skin on day 3, 4 & 5.
- Feeling of heaviness and soreness which lasts for few hours.
- No Make-up to be applied on the same day.
- No heavy exercises and swimming for 3-4 days.
- No direct exposure of sunlight. Sunscreen to be applied half an hour before going in sun.
Poor health, diet, ageing, stress, and the elements of nature can slow down the skin's cell turnover process. By speeding up the cellular turnover process, microdermabrasion brings you closer to healthier, younger-looking skin. It allows you to gradually improve your skin without the risks, side effects, and down time of more aggressive alternatives. In as little as twenty minutes, this gentle, abrasive technique efficiently produces satisfying results. Further improvements in appearance and texture will occur with each treatment.
Microdermabrasion can be used aggressively to achieve dramatic results, but does not take the place of surgical or laser procedures.
Best of all there is no "down time". -One can resume regular activities immediately.
Required Number of Treatments:
To achieve good results, several treatments 10-12 are recommended. Treatments are typically scheduled two weeks apart. You will experience a progressive improvement throughout your treatment program.
Recovery / Post Op Expectations:
Patients typically experience a slight irritation, or wind-burnt sensation during treatment that can last for a few hours afterward. In addition, skin usually takes on a pink hue that lasts an average of one day but can last three or more in severe cases.
Microdermabrasion leaves your skin feeling SOFT AND SILKY with a healthy glow. You leave the office with only a mild, temporary pinkness in the treated area.