Circular letter is also a kind of a letter that is issued for a number of people. It is a kind of notice that is sent as a letter aimed at a large number of people.
When any information/instructions/guidelines are to be sent to all its branches by the Head Office, circulars are usually issued by the Head Office to its branches or by higher officer to its junior officers for compliance.
Instructions/guidelines issued by head of the department to a large number of subordinate employees are usually circulated through official circulars. Official circulars are issued generally from Head Office to its branches. Official circulars are usually issued as following:
1. From Head Office to its branches.
2. From a Central Ministry to State Ministries, or offices/ departments working under the Ministry
3. From Chief Election Commission to all the State Commissions.
4. Like the other circulars.
Business circulars are issued by a business entity to its clients, dealers, sub-dealers, branches, etc. Following types of information are usually sent through business circulars:
- Information about change of address of the registered office of a company to its share holders,
- Information about special discount on Deepawali festival to the dealers and sub-dealers,
- Information about removal from service of an employee from an institution to all its offices, dealers and sub-dealers,
- Information about a policy of incentive for achieving sales targets etc. to dealers and sub-dealers, and
- Any other information relating to business.