- Infrastructure covers all those supportive facilities, which are essential for the growth of agriculture, industry and other business.
- Economic infrastructure includes: Power (energy), transport, communication, irrigation, bank and financial institutions, etc.
- Social infrastructure includes: health, education, housing, civic amenities, etc.
- Infrastructure affects economic growth and is influenced by economic growth.
- Transportation includes: Railways, roads, water transport, shipping and civil aviation.
- The major sources of power (energy) are: water, coal oil, nuclear power and other conventional sources of energy.
- Communication includes: posts and telegraphs and telephones.
- Education and health are the two major constituents of social infrastructure.