Causes Of Poverty
Various causes of poverty in India are:
- Socio-economic structure prevailing in the economy especially in the rural economy.
- Under-developed nature of agriculture and its failure to provide adequate income and employment.
- Failure of industrial sector to provide employment on an increasing scale.
- High growth of population and high rate of unemployment.
- Slow growth process and inadequate attention to the problem.
- Vested political interests.
- Poor levels of educations and skills, lack of motivation and will to get out of poverty.