Features of National Population Policy
National Population Policy focuses on aspects such as education, health care and others to reduce the problems of population.
- Make school education up to the age of 14 free and compulsory
- Reduce drop-outs at primary and secondary school levels to below 20% for both, boys and girls
- Reduce IMR to below 30 per 1,000 live births
- Reduce MMR to below 100 per 1,00,000 live births
- Promote delayed marriage for girls to not earlier than 18 years of age and preferably after 20 years of age
- Achieve 100% registration of births, deaths, marriages and pregnancies