The students will be able to
- Name the different kinds of hydrocarbons according to common and IUPAC nomenclature
- Identify and write the structures of isomers of aliphatic and aromatic hydrocarbons
- Know different forms arise due to free rotation of C-C bond in alkanes(conformers)
- Discuss on Preparations and Properties of alkanes, alkenes, alkynes and arenes
- Define Geometrical isomers(cis-trans) arising due to the restricted rotation about C=C
- Explain resonance and extra stability of benzene
- Descrive directive influence of functional groups on the aromatic ring system.
- Explain Carcinogenicity and Toxicity in aromatic hydrocarbons
- This is only a practice test, it is designed to help you revise your concepts
- The test contains questions, only 1 option is correct for each question
- This is a timed test.
- After you have finished the test, press on the 'Finish Test' button to know your score and get the correct answers