Preparation of Soil
S. No Fertilizers Manure 1 It is an inorganic substance It is natural substance obtained by the decomposition of human and animal wastes 2 Fertilizers are made in factories Manure can be made in the field 3 They do not produce humus to the soil They produce a lot of humus to the soil 4 Fertilizers are rich in nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium Manures are relatively less in nutrients
Question-4What is irrigation? Describe two methods of irrigation which conserve water.
Appropriate supply of water to the crops is called as irrigation
- Sprinkler system
- This system is used in uneven land
- It consist of a perpendicular pipe which has a rotating nozzles on top and it is joined to main pipeline
- Water escapes from the rotating nozzle when water is passed through the main pipe line
- The water gets sprinkled on the crops
- Sprinklers are useful for sandy soil
- The water falls drop by drop at the position of the roots so it is called
- Drip system
- Water is not wasted in this system
- It is best technique for watering fruit plants, gardens and tree
Question-5What are weeds? How can we control them?
The growth of undesirable plants in the field is called as weeds .Some Common Weeds