- Seeds used for sowing should be of good quality, healthy and free from infections.
- They must be planted at the correct depth in the soil.
- The soil should have enough water for the seeds to germinate as they do not germinate in dry soil. So the right quantity of water has to be ensured.
- The seeds should be planted at the right distance from each other.
- If they are planted too close they will not get enough sunlight, water and nutrients.
- The traditional tool in sowing seeds is shaped like a funnel.
- The seeds pass through the funnel.
- The funnel end pierces into the soil.
- In recent days seed drills are present which sows the seeds using tractors.
- Seed drill sows the seeds uniformly at proper distance and depth.
- It ensures seeds are properly covered by the soil.