- The grains have to be dried in the sun and then packed in bags or bins before storing in granaries and silos.
- This helps to reduce to some extent the damage caused by rodents.
- If the monsoon fails during a particular year then it becomes essential to stock the grain.
- This is known as buffer stock.
- Dried neem leaves proper storage of grains is necessary to protect them from pests and microorganisms.
- Food is also obtained from animals for which animals are reared. This is called animal husbandry.
- It is a practice of breeding and raising livestock. The main aim of animal husbandry is to produce the animal products like milk, meat, egg etc., in large scale.
- Animals are reared for economic aspects, they were provided with good nutrition, proper maintainance and the best varieties were made to breed.
- Some of the animal husbandry's are rearing of goat, hen, sheep, cow, pig etc.,
Rearing of hen