- Synthetic fibres are also known as man-made or artificial fibres.
- Synthetic or natural fibres are chains of small units joined together. Long chains are called polymers.
- A Synthetic fibre having properties of a silk and is also known as artificial silk called Rayon.
- A Familiar form of polyester used for making bottles, films, wires,utensils etc.
- A type of plastics which get deformed on heating and can be bent easily is known as thermoplastics.
- A plastic which cannot get deformed on heating is called thermosetting plastics. It can be moulded only once is known as Thermosetting plastics.