- Law is a system of rules, usually imposed through a Government or Institution and is applied to govern a group people.
- The most important law in the Indian Constitution is that all persons are equal before the law, in independent India.
- The members of the Constituent Assembly, who drafted the Constitution, ensured that there would not be any arbitrary exercise of power in India.
- Existing laws are amended and new laws are introduced as and when the need arises.
- People can voice their need for a new law through TV Reports, Newspaper, Editorials, Radio Broadcasts, Local Meetings.
- Some laws passed by the Parliament have been unpopular and not accepted by the people.
- In a Democratic country like India, citizens have a right to express their views in case they are not happy with a particular law.