Microsoft (MS Access)
It is one of the easiest and the most popular database software for creating storing and managing Database Management System. MS Access provides database properties and startup options to meet most of the customization needs. The startup options facilitate protection of the standard Access settings in the database that may be in conflict with their application needs, from being modified by unauthorized users. It also ensures that, when the applications are distributed, other programs that are in use do not override customer settings and also tests their application under different configurations.
MS Access is a popular Database Management System because it facilitates
- Easy creation of Data Tables
- Retrieval of Data
- Creation of Forms
- Generating of reports in different ways
In another way, we can say the MIS Access is a RDBMS that enables us to manage relational database in a Windows environment. It enables us to
- Create tables to organize data into manageable related units
- Enter, retrieve and modify data
- Extract information based on specific criteria
- Create forms to enter data, and
- Create reports
- Tables: It is used for data storage in a row - and - column format which is similar to spreadsheets. The components of a table are:
- Byte - It is a group of eight bits and is used for storing a character
- Data Item - A data item is one type of information and is normally referred to as data element.
- Record - It is a collection of data items representing a unit of information.
- Queries: It is used to view data from a table based on a specified criteria.
- Forms: It is used to enter, view and modify data in the table.
- Reports: It enables us to generate reports based on tables and query results.
- Data Access Pages: It enables us to view data from the internet where the data is stored in an Access database.
- Macros: It consists of a series of commands and functions that can be executed whenever we need to perform a task.