Tailor - Made Software
The term 'Tailor - made software' refers to designing and developing user - specific software. These softwares, being user - specific, are not available off - the shelf but are developed to meet the requirement of the user on the basis of discussion between the users and the developers.
Advantages of Tailor - made Software are -
- It, being user specific, takes care of the accounting reports and MIS that may be required by the user and the management of the enterprise.
- The software being tailor-made, the enterprise may have to engage a software engineer to maintain it. In other words, the problems faced can be countered immediately.
- Well - trained users use the software and therefore they can maximize software utilization.
- The development cost of the software is much higher than the cost of readymade or customized software.
- In case the accounting person leaves the job, it take some time before the new person becomes fully conversant with the software.
- Development and maintenance costs are higher than in the case of readymade or customized software.