The Multinational Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA)
Established in April 1988, The Multinational Investment Guarantee Agency was aimed to supplement the task of the World Bank and IFC. Major objectives of MIGA are listed below:
- To promote flow of direct foreign investment into the less developed member nations;
- To give insurance cover to investors against political hazards;
- To offer assurance against noncommercial hazards such as risks involved in currency transfer, war and civil conflicts, and violation of contract;
- To insure new investments, expansion of present investments, privatization and financial restructuring;
- To offer promotional and advisory services; and
- To set up reliability.