Classification means arranging raw data in the order.
- A Frequency Distribution shows how the different values of a variable are distributed in different classes along with their corresponding class frequencies.
- The upper class limit is excluded but lower class limit is included in the Exclusive Method.
- Both the upper and the lower class limits are included in the Inclusive Method.
- In a Frequency Distribution, statistical calculations are based only on the class mark values, instead of values of the observations.
- The classes should be formed in such a way that the class mark of each class comes as close as possible, to a value around which the observations in a class tend to concentrate.