Characteristics of a Good Program
A program when written in a good style is easily understandable and readable. But the following characteristics help a program to look better and more understandable. The characteristics are given below.
- Effective and efficient code
- The program should be faster and it should provide correct output within the given memory space and limited time.
- User friendly
- The program should have an interaction with the user.
- The user should know what is happening inside the process.
- Each and every instruction should be provided only by the user.
- The control should be in the hands of the user.
- Self documenting code
- It uses meaningful name for variables, constants, function names and also for user defined variables to have clear meaning to a program is called self documenting code.
- It should be efficient
- It should handle any unexpected types of errors.
- It should display proper error or warning statement.
- It should be platform independent
- It should be used to run on any platform.