Types of Software
- Software represents the set of program that governs the operation of a computer system and makes the hardware to run.
- Software is classified into three major categories based on their usages.
- They are as follows
- System Software
- Programming Software
- Application Software
- It is the one which controls the computer hardware to perform its work
- The instruction to the hardware is given through the software
- It is also the collection of
- Operating systems
- Device drives
- Windows system and
- The purpose of system software includes accessing of communications, printer, reader, keyboard etc.
- It enables the end user to perform some specific tasks.
- It involves
- Business applications
- Compute games
- Data base
- Online shopping
- Education software
- Financial management
- Railway reservation
- They are sub divided into three categories
- Packages: Application Software is called as packages. For example MsWord, Access, C programming etc.
- Utilities: It is known as service routine. It helps in managing computer hardware and system application like disk defragmentation, system utilities, virus scanning etc.
- Customized Software: These are software according to the user's requirement.
- This are some of the commonly used computer software
- They are the tools that assist a programmer in writing software.
- They come in a set of logical instruction that makes a computer system to perform certain tasks.
- The tools are as follows
- Text Editors
|Definition: Virus is a set of program created by itself without the knowledge of the owner.|