Previous Year Paper
CAT-2006-Previous Years Paper
K, L, M, N, P, Q, R, S, U and W are the only ten members in a department. There is a proposal to form a team from within the members of the department, subject to the following conditions:
· A team must include exactly one among P, R, and S.
· A team must include either M or Q, but not both.
· If a team includes K, then it must also include L, and vice versA.
· If a team includes one among S, U, and W, then it must also include the other two.
· L and N cannot be members of the same team.
· L and U cannot be members of the same team.
· The size of a team is defined as the number of members in the team.
Who cannot be a member of a team of size 3?
Now only one member has to be determined and we know that K and L will be always in team and since there is place for only 1 member, hence, K and L will not be in team of 3 members.
Hence, option A. is the answer.