Previous Year Paper
CAT-2006-Previous Years Paper
K, L, M, N, P, Q, R, S, U and W are the only ten members in a department. There is a proposal to form a team from within the members of the department, subject to the following conditions:
· A team must include exactly one among P, R, and S.
· A team must include either M or Q, but not both.
· If a team includes K, then it must also include L, and vice versA.
· If a team includes one among S, U, and W, then it must also include the other two.
· L and N cannot be members of the same team.
· L and U cannot be members of the same team.
· The size of a team is defined as the number of members in the team.
What would be the size of the largest possible team?
U is there L cannot be included in the team hence, K will also not be there.
Now as L is not in the team, N can be included in the team. So team with maximum numbers of members will be S, W, U, N and any one from M and Q.
Hence, maximum possible size of team of team is 5.
Hence, option D. is the answer.