- Rajeev bore away (won) many prizes at the school sports.
- The new sultan has been able to bear down (overthrow, crush) all opposition.
- His evidence bears out (confirms, corroborates), the evidence of the first witness.
- In his misfortune god gave him strength to bear up (to keep up spirits, not to despair).
- A religious hope bears up (supports) a man in his trials.
- His evidence did not bear upon (was not relevant to) the inquiry.
- I trust you will bear with (have patience with, show forbearance to) me a few minutes more.