- Inject plaques at 1cm-2cm intervals with insulin syringe.
- Triamcinolone acetonide 5mg/ml- 0.05ml to be injected in each site. Sometimes 10mg/ml is required
- Reinject at 4-6wks interval.
- If no growth is present at 3 months then discontinue.
- Thinning of regrown hair at 3-6mths, can be injected if necessary.
Systemic Corticosteroid 1mg of Betamethasone / Dexamethasone for 2 consecutive days. Repeat every week for 4wks.
To be considered if more than 50% scalp is involved.
- Topical application such as DNCB- Dinitrochlorobenzene, SADBE-
Squaric acid Dibutylester. Changes T4:T8 ratio from 4:1 to 1:1AT Allergic contact sensitization
- Topical Anthralin- 0.025% once or twice a week for 6-8wks, can be increased upto 1%. Combination of 0.5% Anthralin with Minoxidil 5% increases the response rate.
- Minoxidil- Potent peripheral vasodilator (2%,5%)- Immunomodulation (10%)-Stimulation of follicular epithelium S/E- Hypertrichosis
- Topical Corticosteroids under occlusion
- Topical Tacrolimus 0.1%
- PUVA therapy