Platelet Rich Plasma
(PRP) is our own blood plasma and a concentrated source of platelets rich in growth factors. These growth factors release healing proteins and :
- promote natural hair growth
- stimulate the hair follicle growth
- make hair follicle healthy and strong
- decrease inflammation
- prevent from hair loss
- improve thin and damaged hair
- increase circulation to hair follicles.
- H/O of heavy smoking, drug and alcohol use.
- Platelet dysfunction syndromes,
- Hemodynamic instability
- Sepsis, acute and chronic infections
- Chronic liver disease,
- Anti-coagulation therapy,
- Chronic skin diseases or cancer,
- Metabolic and systemic disorders..
In summary, PRP therapy offers a promising alternative for natural hair growth for those patients who are not candidates for surgery. It also is a beneficial therapy for surgical patients who want PRP therapy as a complimentary procedure at the same time hair restoration surgery with either automated FUE or the STRIP procedure.