They a long lasting, non-absorbable, non-biodegradable and non-migrational fillers made from 97.5% water and 2.5% polyacrylamide.Aquamid is injected into subcutaneous tissue(deep layers of skin)and not in the dermis(superficial layer). The product integrates into the skin hence minimising the chances of migration or lump formation.
Indications & Contradictions
- Nasolabial folds
- Thin lips
- Temple,cheek augmentation
- Depressed scars
- Acne scarring
- Facial contouring.
- Mental crease.
- H/O Hyper or hypopigmentation in nasolabial folds
- Keloidal tendency or hypertrophic scarring.
- Known bleeding disorder or current drug treatment that could increase risk of bleeding.
- Nasolabial folds too severe for correction in one treatment.
- H/O any dermal filler or other injections, grafting or surgery in either nasolabial folds.
- Glabellar lines and Lips ( Semipermanent and Permanent fillers canâ€™t be used.