Pre treatment requisites:
- History taking
- Written consent
- Anaesthesia ( Topical)
- Cleansing of face.
- Apply topical anaesthetic agent.
- The filler substance usually comes in prefilled syringes in its own packing.
- Filler is injected directly into the area to be treated using a very small needle(26G).
- Various injection techniques are used.
- Linear serial puncture- fanning.
- cross hatching
- Stab technique
As the name suggest, semi permanent- it is fully absorbed by the body over time.
It has shown to last up to 2yrs or longer.
- Post treatment care
Post Treatment Care Tips:-
The following tips can help minimize the risk of temporary redness, swelling and itching:
- Avoid make-up 12hrs after injection.
- Avoid extended exposure to the sun and temperature below 0c.
- Avoid sauna ,steam sessions two week after injection.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages for at least 24hrs.
- Avoid facial massage for at least 24hrs.
- Avoid strenuous exercises.
Keep a soft cool compress like an ice pack to alleviate any swelling and bruising.
Immediate- erythema, oedema, bruising tenderness
Delayed- swelling, induration
Rare- infection, necrosis