Actions of bradykinin include all of the following except – (AIIMS Nov 2014)
|C||Increased vascular permeability|
Effects of bradykinin
· Increases vascular permeability.
· Mediation of pain (Direct stimulation of free nerve ending and ↑ PG production)
· Vasodilatation (Largely mediated by endothelial cell NO & PGI2)
· Visceral smooth muscle contraction: Bronchoconstriction, intestinal & uterine smooth muscle contraction.
· Stimulation of epithelial ion transport and fluid secretion in airways and GIT.