Diseases of The Ear
A patient has come-with furuncle of ear. What is the commonest method of treatment? [LQ]
|A||Ear pack with 10% ichthammol in glycerin wick|
|B||Antibiotic and rest|
|C||Antibiotic and drainage|
Furuncle (Boil) is due to staphylocQccal infection of the hair follicle
• Local heat + sedatives
• Packs of 1 0% ichtharnrnoltacts as antiseptic) and-glycerin (hygroscopic action decreases edema). It isthe commonest treatment
• and most of the furuncles burst spontaneously by this treatment.
• Antibiotics (Flueloxacillin) is given for 5 days
• If abscess is formed: Incision and drainage is done
• In case of recurrent furunculosis ~ Rule out diabetes and staphylococcal skin infection.