About human development index, all are true except?
|A|| Life expectancy at birth|
|B||Life expectancy at 1 year of age|
|C|| Education |
Human development Index (HDI) represent three dimensions.
- Longevity (life expectancy at birth)
- Knowledge mean years of schooling & Expected of Schooling
- Income (read GDP per capita in purchasing power - parity dollars).
- Mean years of schooling and life expectancy at birth.
- Its value ranges from 0 to 1
- Income as real GDP per capita in purchasing power (in dollars)
Established fixed minimum and maximum values of indicators are:
20 yrs and 3.4 yrs for life expectancy at birth.
0% and 100 % for adult literacy rate
0% and 100 % for combined gross enrolment ratio
100 and 40,000-real GDP per capita
1. HDI is average of all three indices.
2. Current value of HDI for India: 0.547
3. Indias ranking in HDI: 134 / 187