According to European Laryngeal Society, subliga- mentous cordectomy is classfied as: (LQ)
a. The European Laryngological Society is proposing a classification of different layngeal endoscopic cordectomies in order to ensure better definitions of post-operative results.
b. The word "cordectomy" is used even for partial resections because is the term most often used in the surgical literature.
c. The classification comprises eight types of cordectomies.
- Tyepe I: A subepithelial cordectomy, which is resection of the epithelium
- Type II: A subligamental cordectomy, which is a resection ofthe epithelium, Reinke's space and vocal ligament.
- Type III: Transmuscular cordectomy, which proceeds through the vocalis muscle
- Type IV: Total cordectomy;
- Type Va: Extended cordectomy, which encompasses the contralateral vocal fold and the anterior commissure
- Type Vb: Extended cordectomy, which includes the arythnoid
- Type Vc: Extended cordectomy, which encompasses the subglottis
- Type Vd: Extended cordectomy, which includes the ventricle.