All of the following are true about Baby friendly hospital initiative except: (AIPG 09)
|A||Breast feeding on demand|
|B||Initiate breast feeding within 4 hrs of normal delivery|
|C||Allow mothers and infants t remain together 24 hrs/day|
|D||Training of health care staff.|
Initiate breast feeding within 4 hrs of CS and half an hour of normal delivery.
Baby friendly hospital Initiative WHOI UNICEF- 10 steps
1. Helping the mother initiate breast feeding within the first hour of birth in a normal delivery and 4 hours following caesarean section
2. Encourage breast feeding on demand
3. Allow mothers and infants to remain together for 24 hours a day except for medical reasons
4. Give newborn infants no food or drink other than breast milk, unless medically indicated
5. EBF to be promoted til14-6 months
6. No advertisement, promotional material or free products for infant feeding should be allowed in the facility.