All of the following are included in physical quality of life index (PQLI) except: (AIPG 09)
|A||Infant mortality rate|
|C||Per capita income|
|D||Life expectancy at age one|
PQLI consolidates three indicators
1. Infant mortality rate
2. Life expectancy at age one
These three indicators measure the results rather than inputs.
• It is also scaled from 0 to 100 and objective is to attain PQLI of 100. It measures the outcome of social, economic and political policies and does not replace GNP.
Human development index
Human development Index (HDI) represent three dimensions.
- Longevity (life expectancy at birth)
- Knowledge (adult literacy and mean years of schooling)
- Income (read GDP per capita in purchasing power - parity dollars).
- HDI is average of all three indices.
- Its value ranges from 0 to 1
- Income as real GDP per capita in purchasing power (in dollars)
Established fixed minimum and maximum values of indicators are:
20 yrs and 3.4 yrs for life expectancy at birth.
0% and 100 % for adult literacy rate
0% and 100 % for combined gross enrolment ratio
100 and 40,000-real GDP per capita