Best prognostic type of Hodgkin's lymphoma is: (AIIMS May 09, NEET 2014)
1. CNS involvement in Hodgkin’s is uncommon feature
2. Reed stern berg cell is the characteristic cell in Hodgkins
3. Plasma cells, eosinophils and neutrophils are seen in the reactive background
4. Mediastinal involvement is particularly common with nodular sclerosis variant.
Certain distinctive features seen in nodular sclerosis variant
1. It is the most common variant
2. It is the only variant more common in females.
3. Mediastinal involvement is particularly common
4. Large reed Sternberg cell variants – Lacunar cells – are present on histology.
5. It has a good prognosis [2nd best, following Lymphocyte predominance (best)]