Best treatment for Kawasaki’s disease is (AIIMS Nov 2011)
|B||I. V. immunoglobulins|
Every patient with a clinical diagnosis Kawasaki disease should be treated.
· IvIg is given within the first 10 days of illness.
· Concomitant aspirin should be started until the patient is afebrile
· If fever persists beyond 36 hours after the initial IvIg infusion, a new dose should be given if no other source of fever is found.
· Methylprednisolone should follow if the disease persists after the second IvIg administration.
· Further options for refractory cases include TNF blockers (eg, infliximab), cyclophosphamide, methotrexate, and