Eryhtema Infectiosum( Fifth Disease)
- Most common clinical manifestation of parvovirus B19Q.
- Incubation period :4-14 days.
- Prodrome minimal or absent.
- Rash appears first on cheeks (slapped cheek appearance Q) followed by trunk and extremities (palm and soles spared).
- Adults, especially women, frequently develop acute arthropathy with or without the rash of erythema infectiosum
- Transient aplastic crisis, myocarditis
- Chronic anemia in patients with impaired humoral immunity
- Rash disappears without desquamation in 2 weeks.