Common age for otosclerosis is: [UP-09J
|A||5 - 10 yrs|
|B||10 - 20yrs|
|C||20 - 30 yrs|
• 50% of patients of otosclerosis have positive family history.
• Females are more commonly affected than males. (Note unless and until the Question says in India always mark female> male as the correct option)
• Whites are affected more than negroes.
• Age = Most common between 20-30 years (Ans. 3) and is rare before 10 and after 40 years.
• Deafness is increased by pregnancy, menopause, trauma and major operations.
• Viruses like measles virus have also been associated with it.