Diseases of The Ear
Common.ca uses of otitis externa: (LQ)
• Otitis extern a is an inflammatory and infectious process of the external auditory canal which is seen in all aqes and both sexes.
• M/C organism causing otitis externa are
a. Pseudomonas aeruqinosa?
b. Staphylococcus aureus
• Less commonly isolated organisms are -
a. Proteus species
b. Staphylococcus epidermidis
Fungal Otitis Externa/Otomycosis
• It is responsible for - 10% of the cases of otitis extern a
• In 80% of cases organism is aspergillusQ
• 2nd M/C organism is candida
Other more rare fungal pathogens include