Diseases of PNS
Complication of sinus disease include: [LQ]
|C||Cavernous sinus thrombosis|
|D||Superior orbital fissure syndrome|
|E||All of the above|
As Discussed in Previous Question:
• There is no confusion regarding orbital cellulitis, and cavernous sinus thrombosis being the complications of sinusitis.
• Dhingra does not mention Retrobulbar neuritis as one of the complications of sinusitis but according to Tuli 1 st/ed p 196. Posterior group of sinuses can lead to neuritis with impaired vision.
Complications of Posterior Group of Sinuses
• Superior orbital fissure syndrome/orbital apex syndrome. Cavernous sinus thrombosis.
• Neuritis with impaired vision.
• Oroantral fistula/sublabial fistula.