2 out of 20
FIGLU is a metabolite of
Ans. B Histidine
- FIGLU or N-formimino glutamate is formed during catabolism of Histidine.
- During process, transfer of the formimino group of FIGLU to tetrahydrofolate (H folate) forms
- glutamate. In folic acid deficiency this reaction is partially or totally blocked, and FIGLU is excreted in the urine.
- Excretion of “FIGLU” following a test dose of histidine therefore provides a diagnostic test for folic acid deficiency:
- Catabolic path of histidine as: -