False regarding Eales' disease is: (AIIMS May 2013)
|C||Occurs in young population|
|D||Vitreous hemorrhage is present|
1. Eales' disease presents as recursent vitreous hemorshages healthy young adults, usually males. Q
2. It is a hypersensitivity reactionQof the retinal venis to tubercular protein. Q
3. The retinal vasculitis leads to the obliteration of the affected vessels, mainly the shunt capillaries of the peripheral retina which in turn produces hypoxia and vaso proliferation.
4. There is new vessel formation and eventually recurrent vitreous hemorrhages. Q
5. Fluorescein angiography demonstrates rapid leakage of dye from the peripheral venous vasculitis.
6. Treatment consists of systemic corticosteroids Qand laser photocoagulation Q of abnormal vessels.