Loading....
Coupon Accepted Successfully!

PSM

Open Flashcards

Biostatistics

Question
44 out of 76
 

If a 95% confidence interval for prevalence of cancer in smokers aged >65 yrs is 56% to 76%, the chance that the prevalence is less than 56% is: (AIIMS May 2012)



A Practically nil
B 44%

C 2.5%
D 5%

Ans. C 2.5% Ref: High Yield Biostatistics, Pg: 14, 15, 22 & 23

95% confidence interval includes values within 2 standard deviations of the mean (µ±2SD). This is the central 95% of the distribution and the remaining 5% of the distribution would be distributed equally on the two sides of this confidence limit. Hence, there will be 2.5% of the values in this distribution which will be smaller than µ - 2SD (<56%) and another 2.5% of the distribution which will be greater than µ + 2SD (>76%).

Biostatistics Flashcard List

76 flashcards
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)
21)
22)
23)
24)
25)
26)
27)
28)
29)
30)
31)
32)
33)
34)
35)
36)
37)
38)
39)
40)
41)
42)
43)
44)
45)
46)
47)
48)
49)
50)
51)
52)
53)
54)
55)
56)
57)
58)
59)
60)
61)
62)
63)
64)
65)
66)
67)
68)
69)
70)
71)
72)
73)
74)
75)
76)