In acute poliomyelitis the most common cause of death is: (AIIMS May 2014)
|A||Intercostal muscle paralysis|
Subcutaneous inflammation due to streptococcus
1. Erysipelas is a form of streptococcal cellulitis.
2. The symptoms include fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, painful and I warm skin, and hot, red lesions on the face and head.
3. The skin often has a peau d'orange texture.
4. Superficial bullae may form, usually 2 or 3 days after onset.
5. Erysipelas shows predilection for certain characteristic locations.
6. They are the malar area of the face, often with extension over the bridge of the nose to the contralateral malar region and the lower extremities.