In an old patient, the best indicator of probability of developing cardiovascular disease can be calculated by-
Hyperlipidemia in Nephrotic syndrome may accelerate atherosclerosis
1. Hyperlipidemia in Nephrotic syndrome is a consequence of increased hepatic lipoprotein synthesis
2. Low density lipoproteins and cholesterol are increased in majority of patients
3. This Hyperlipidemia may accelerate atherosclerosis and progression of Renal disease
1. Hyperlipidemia in type V hyperlipoproteinemia is not associated with increased LDL.
2. In type V hyper lipoproteinemia:
a. VLDL and Chylomicrons are increased
b. LDL is normal or decreased
3. Predisposing factors for coronary artery disease include an increased lipoprotein ‘a’ (and not lipoprotein ‘b’).