In which of the following disease macula is most commonly involved: (AIIMS Nov 2013)
1. Toxoplasmosis is a protozoan infection spread from from cats through choriorctinal lesion of oocyst which affects both retina and choroid to form retinochoroiditis.
2. Typically lesion is necrotizing punched out. . Q
3. In infants the infection is transmitted via placenta and the fundus examination demonstrates bilateral and frequently multiple chorio-retinal lesions.
4. The macular area is particularly involved.Q
5. Such infants are acutely ill with a history of seizures and may develop hydrocephalus, Q areas of calcification in brain Qand 'mental retardation.
6. Most common cause of posterior uveitis in children and adults.