Maximum periphral resistance is seen in (LQ)
1. "The arteroles are the major site of the resistance to blood flow, and small changes in their caliber causes large changes in the total peripheral resistance" →therefore distribution of blood flow is mainly regulated by arterioles.
2. Windkessel vesselsQ →ego Elastic arteries - Aorta and big Arteries. During ventricular systole →Aorta is distended → energy is stored in the wall of the Aorta → during diastole →Aortic wall recoils due to its ealsticity→potential energy is released into the blood →causing blood to surge forward with a renewed vigar. This is known as Wind kessel effect Q
3. Precapillary- Resistance vessels →eg. Arterioles, also called muscular arteries.
4. Exchange vessels- →ego capillaries. .
5. Post capillary resistance vessels →chiefly venules
6. Capacitance vessels →large veins.