Central Nervous System
Most common site for medulloblastoma is: (AIPG 2011)
• In children, the location is in the midline of the cerebellium, but lnteral locations are mote after found in adults-
• Medulloblastomas are the most common maligmant brain tumor of childhood
• 5% of children have it in association with Gorlin syndrome (the most common of the inherited disorders due to mutation in the patched-1;PTCH-1 gene.
• Histologically, there is presence of Homer-Wright rosettes.
• Dissemination through the CSF is a common complication, presenting as nodular masses elsewhere in the CNS' including metastases to the cauda equina that are termed drop metastases.