Biomedical Waste Management, Disaster Management, Occupational Health, Genetics and Health, Mental Health
Most commonly abused agent in India:
In India, about 47% of males and about 17% of females smoke.
- Is the 'most widely used drug today'(Most commonly abused Narcotic substance)
- Most common reaction: Dreamy state of altered consciousness
- Forms of Cannabis:
1. Bhang: Dried leaves and flowering shoots
2. Hashish/Charas: Resinous exudates from flowering tops of the female plant
3. Ganja: Resinous mass from small leaves and brackets of inflorescence
4. Marijuana: Refer to any part of plant that induces somatic and psychic changes in man
- 'Heroin addiction is worst type of addiction'
- Heroin is Di-acetyl-morphine
- Synthetic drug structurally similar to adrenaline
- Known as 'Superman drugs': Tremendous boost to energy and self-confidence.