73 out of 91
New drug study and development can be done by:
Ans. B Molecular modelling
- Molecular modelling allows new drug designing and development by the process of conceptualizing for the performance of required function based on essential characteristics (pharmacophores), including idealized structural and physical properties.
- Molecular modelling / computational chemistry is the science or art of representing molecular structure numerically and simulating their behaviour with the equation of quantum and classical physics.
- The development of molecular modelling programmes and their application in pharmaceutical research has been formalised as a field of study known as computer assisted drug design (CADD. or computer assisted' molecular design (CAMD..
- Pharmacogenetic means, drug and gene interaction. Conditions include N-acetyltransferase deficiency, pseudocholinesterase deficiency, glucose-6-phosphate-dehydrogenase defieciency etc.
- Neopharmacy refers to new drugs.
- Pharmacolibrary means, storage of database of drugs that is required for development of new drugs.