Loading....
Coupon Accepted Successfully!

OBG

Open Flashcards

Oncology and Fibroids

Question
90 out of 115
 

Not a germ cell tumor of ovary:



A Endodermal sinus tumor
B Polyembryoma

C Dysgerminoma
D Brenner tumor

Ans. D

Brenner tumor

1. Germ cell tumors (GCT) account for 15-20% of ovarian tumors and the vast majority (95%) are benign cystic teratomas. The remaining 5% are found principally in children and young adults and have a higher incidence of malignant behavior various germ cell tumors are as under:

a. Mature (benign) teratomas

b. Immature (malignant) teratomas

c. Monodermal or highly specialized teratomas

d. Dysgerminomas

e. Endodermal (yolk) sac tumors

f. Choriocarcinoma

g. Embryonal carcinoma

h. Polyembryoma

i. Mixed germ cell tumors (MGCT)

2. Brenner tumors are uncommon tumors which account for less than 2% of ovarian neoplasms.

3. These solid neoplasms are characterized by a dense fibrous stroma "punctuated" by nests of transitional cells resembling those lining the urinary bladder.

4. Brenner tumors are occasionally found in mucinous cyst adenomas suggesting that these tumors arise from coelomic epithelial inclusion cysts through metaplasia of the cyst lining of transitional epithelium.

Oncology and Fibroids Flashcard List

115 flashcards
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)
21)
22)
23)
24)
25)
26)
27)
28)
29)
30)
31)
32)
33)
34)
35)
36)
37)
38)
39)
40)
41)
42)
43)
44)
45)
46)
47)
48)
49)
50)
51)
52)
53)
54)
55)
56)
57)
58)
59)
60)
61)
62)
63)
64)
65)
66)
67)
68)
69)
70)
71)
72)
73)
74)
75)
76)
77)
78)
79)
80)
81)
82)
83)
84)
85)
86)
87)
88)
89)
90)
91)
92)
93)
94)
95)
96)
97)
98)
99)
100)
101)
102)
103)
104)
105)
106)
107)
108)
109)
110)
111)
112)
113)
114)
115)