Not seen in keratoconus: (AIIMS Nov 2014)
|A||Fleischer's ring may be seen|
|B||Central Thinning of cornea|
|C||Hypermetropic refractive error|
|D||Descemet's membrane may rupture|
1. It is more common in females Q and is inherited as autosomal recessive Qtrait.
2. The cornea is thin near the center and progressively bulges forward.
3. Although the cornea is at first transparent the vision is impaired due to protrusion and alteration in curvature. Patients become myopic Q with irregular astigmatism Q
4. The condition is almost invariably bilateral. Q
5. A brownish deposition of iron is formed in the epithelium encircling the cone and is known as Fleischer's ring. Q
6. Descemet's membrane may rupture.