- Chondro osteodystrophy or skeletal dysplasia are large group of developmental disorder of bone leading to disturbances in growth of the trunk and/or extremities.
- Most of dysplasias result in short stature, which is defined as height that is less than the third percentile for the chronological age of the patient.
- Short stature can be proportionate or disproportionate, with disproportionate short stature divided into short limbed & short trunked forms.
- Limb shortening, that is most prominent in proximal segment of limb is called as rhizomelic; in middle portion is called as mesomelic and in distal limb is called as acromelic.
- Proportionate dwarf
- X Ray: J shaped sell and Bullet metacarpals
- Epiphyseal osteochondroma
- Calcification within joint
- Rhizomelic , short limb
- Trident hand, champagne glass pelvis
- Lumbar stenosis ,
- lumbar lordosis also in Spondyloepiphyseal dysplasia
- Normal intelligence